Children are reading less and less and want activities that can be completed quickly. This set of 25 cards (plus Note to Facilitators on how to use) is full of thought provoking stories, activities and discussion points in Bengali to be used in classrooms, libraries, homes...all around!
Galpo Niye reading cards have been inspired by similar productions like Kathai Jharna. The cards can be used to boost reading and comprehension skills for Bangla speaking/learning children (8-12 yrs or more) as well as for adults who are able to read and write simple Bangla.
with a unique way to enjoy
learning the Bengali language:
- Only one story per page.
- The illustrations have all been created by the children of Shikshamitra and our friends.
- Each story, no matter how short, is designed to make readers think deeply and independently.
- The reverse side of each card presents interesting questions that exercise comprehension, rational thinking and above all, imagination.
- The stories are mainly original pieces by children/teachers/friends of Shikshamitra with a few more borrowed from great authors like Tolstoy and Hans Christian Anderson or well-known Bengali authors, folk tales and Khushi Khushi (Eklavya).
- Children can do the cards on their own, leaving the adult-in-charge free.
- All of the stories and exercises have been tested and received positive response from children over a three-year period.
- The cards and the discussions they inspire are fun for both students and teachers/parents alike!